At Research Affiliates, LLC and its sister company, RAFI Indices, LLC (individually, “RA” and “RI”, respectively, and together the "RA Companies"), the privacy of our clients, their representatives and other users of our websites is a priority.
a. We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
b. Unless users state in writing their preference otherwise, users are automatically treated as having opted out from the sharing of their personal information with third parties, except as described herein.
c. We protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information that we maintain. Our most important asset is our relationship with our clients and those that we interact with. We understand that our clients and others have entrusted us with private information, and we do everything that we can to maintain that trust.
The following describes the approach by the RA Companies to privacy and how personal information about our clients, their representatives and other users of our site is collected, processed, stored and used.
B. Sharing of Personal Information
With your consent, the RA Companies share personal information with non-affiliated third parties only in the following limited circumstances:
1. We disclose personal information to companies that assist us in the servicing of your account; provided that such company must first confirm that they have an appropriate data privacy framework in place.
2. We may also enter into a "joint marketing relationship" with a financial institution, if we believe that our clients may be interested in hearing about its products and services. If we enter into such a relationship, the contract will specify that the financial institution will protect the confidentiality of the limited client information we share (e.g. name and contact information) and that our client's personal information will be used solely for the joint marketing arrangement. Moreover, the financial institution must confirm that they have an appropriate data privacy framework in place.
3. We may disclose or report personal information to the extent we reasonably believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or reporting. For example, disclosure of personal information of our clients may be required to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities for institutional risk controls or authentication checks.
C. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to better administer your accounts and to serve you better through the customization of content that we may deliver to you. With your consent, we may collect information through use of "cookies" when we open our website to clients.
D. Processing of Personal Information
Personal information that we collect from you, with your consent, is processed by the RA Companies for marketing and analytics purposes. The RA Companies’ view this activity as legally justified pursuant to applicable laws.
E. Protection of Personal Information
Any personal information collected is maintained in secure locations, mapped and overseen by the RA Companies’ Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer and Compliance may conduct periodic reviews to monitor access to such information and to ensure that only the appropriate persons are handling personal information collected.
We use client personal information to better serve our client's needs.
1. We protect the confidentiality and security of our client's and site users’ personal information. Companies that we hire to provide support services are not allowed to use our client's personal information for their own purposes and are contractually required to maintain strict confidentiality, ensure data privacy protections are implemented, and not to use our client's personal information in any way other than as expressly authorized by us.
2. We restrict access to personal information of our clients and site users only to those employees and agents permitted to access such information for legitimate business purposes, such as marketing. All employees are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of our client's personal information and are required to safeguard such information.
3. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our client's personal information.
F. Maintenance of Personal Information
We seek to maintain the confidentiality of our client's personal information and we make every effort to keep our client's personal information accurate and up-to-date. If a client or RA site user identifies any inaccuracy in their personal information, if a client or RA site user needs to make a change to their personal information, or if a client or RA site user requests that we no longer maintain their personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may promptly update our record.
G. Privacy Online
Privacy, security and service in our online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We therefore employ all of the safeguards described above, along with the following Internet-specific practices.
The RA Companies use a variety of proven protections to maintain the security of your online session. For example, we make extensive use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures. We may also place cookies, if you consent, and similar files on your hard drive for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience on our site.
H. Data Breaches
In the event of a data breach of personal information, the Data Privacy Officer and the RA Companies will take any and all reasonable steps necessary, including technical measures to limit further breaches and to inform affected parties and authorities.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.