About this Job
Research Affiliates, LLC, a global leader in smart beta and asset allocation, seeks a Marketing Intern for our Newport Beach, California office. Candidates should be highly motivated with superior academic credentials. Working as an intern at Research Affiliates provides a unique opportunity to explore a career in marketing as part of a creative and respected team.
The intern’s main effort will be to support the marketing team’s goal to raise Research Affiliates’ brand awareness, increase leads, and enhance the client experience. These marketing initiatives span various channels, including PR, webinars, email marketing, social media, events, among others. The intern will focus on projects that promote Research Affiliate’s firm-wide growth areas–smart beta, asset allocation, active equities, alternatives, etc.
- Analyze data on the journey to becoming an investor for qualified contacts engaged on the researchaffiliates.com website. Deliver key findings to leadership.
- Develop a strategy for increasing website backlinks and referral source traffic. Conduct research on key competitors to identify opportunities. Train in SEO best practices.
- Provide critical support for database foundation, email list-building, lead scoring, forms, and reporting. Update relevant monthly metrics. Work with sales to identify marketing qualified leads among US advisors, consultants, asset owners, and other institutional investors in the United States, Australia, and Europe including contact discovery.
- Develop Research Affiliates’ career page and one-page factsheet.
- Create posts on Research Affiliates social media platforms to increase follower reach. Research and drive engagement with influencers.
What You Will Learn
- Join a dynamic, collaborative, and fun marketing team.
- Take an inside look into the culture of Research Affiliates, a high-performing investment firm.
- Participate in meetings and develop marketing skills before graduation.
- Network with Research Affiliates’ employees to help facilitate a career path that aligns with your interests and passions. Engage in meaningful professional experiences
- Undergraduate with an expected graduation date of December 2020–June 2021. Focus on marketing, communications, or business is a plus.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Send cover letter and CV to:
Senior Vice President, Head of Marketing