Help Desk Support Technician, IT
Research Affiliates, LLC, is seeking a full-time Help Desk Support Technician who will be responsible for responding to Help Desk requests and tickets in a timely manner and collaborate with users to resolve various systems issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, document and resolve technical issues relating to computer systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, printers and networking.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls, voicemails, emails and/or chat for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- Assist with deploying systems to users.
- Provide friendly, courteous, and quality systems support to all users.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention or a higher level of knowledge.
- Identify common issues and report those issues to management.
- Ability to collaborate in a positive, dynamic team environment.
- Update and maintain relevant documentation.
- Manage user requests in the ticketing system.
- Support the Firm with special projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one year of experience in a Help Desk support position (A+ certification preferred).
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Proficient knowledge of O365, Windows 7 & 10 and Mac Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and user account changes.
- Collaborative, curious and detail-oriented.
- Strong technical aptitude and customer-service oriented.
RA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The Company makes all employment decisions based on merit, qualifications and competence. Equal employment opportunity is the law, and discrimination is also inconsistent with RA’s core values. RA believes success is linked to having the most qualified and ethical team in its industry. As a result, the Company and its employees do not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, sex or gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, creed, medical condition, genetic characteristics or genetic information, military service or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws prohibiting discrimination.