Strategy Research team partners with other crucial departments within Research Affiliates to deliver groundbreaking insights and products to the investment community. We engage in quantitative research and develop systematic equity investment strategies to capitalize on market anomalies identified through our research. Additionally, we offer educational and customized portfolio analytics tailored to meet client needs. To support this work, we establish a flexible and robust infrastructure that allows us to conduct pioneering research and evaluate our investment theories using historical data.
An ideal candidate should possess strong programming skills in Python and have experience handling large-scale datasets. They should be curious and self-motivated, thrive in a team environment, be open to speaking candidly, and be adept at receiving direct feedback. The successful candidate will work closely with other senior researchers, with a primary focus on conducting quantitative research to explore new investment ideas and/or enhance the infrastructure for research and analytics.
- Spearhead firm revenue growth by calling on and developing business opportunities with the largest plan sponsors in the U.S., their consultants, and RIA’s with an emphasis on the western half of the U.S.
- Establish relationships with key decision makers including staff, trustees, field consultants, and research analysts at major consulting firms.
- Coordinate with product management, investment and systems teams to develop and close sales opportunities as required.
- Effectively communicate firm value proposition, market outlook views and product features.
- Travel required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work on projects in quantitative equity investing, as directed by senior team members
- Undertake exploratory research projects independently
- Write Python code to clean and analyze large-scale financial datasets
- Play a role in advancing the team's quantitative research infrastructure
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in a quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Electrical Engineering
- Comprehensive background in quantitative methods including statistics, econometrics, optimization, and machine learning
- Well-grounded understanding of capital markets and investment management, particularly in relation to equities, supported by strong intuition
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in any capacity is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- Responsibility – a self-motivated problem solver.
- Authenticity – reveal intentions, speak candidly, and keep agreements.
- Curiosity – emphasize learning, seek feedback, and welcome alternative views.
- Collaboration – create shared success by partnering with colleagues and clients.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.