We seek data engineers passionate about creating efficient and robust data ingestion pipelines, as well as optimizing operational activities including quality control and process supervision. Expertise with financial data from major vendors is highly desirable. We work mostly in SQL and Python, but also with C#. We build infrastructure with PostgreSQL databases and AWS cloud resources and make heavy use of tools and libraries such as NumPy, Ansible, and Airflow.
Our development approach employs modern language features and libraries, test-driven development, and extensive peer review. As well-rounded engineers, we participate in all facets of the development process from project planning to completion.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with teams of software engineers and finance professionals to develop, optimize, and maintain code with a focus on test and quality.
- Engage with data vendors, explore the market of financial data services, summarize financial data offerings to finance professionals.
- Implement rigorous testing practices, adopt continuous integration and continuous deployment methods, and ensure code quality.
- Participate in code reviews and pull-requests, as well as professional development activities to maintain expertise in relevant domains.
- Develop software within Linux environments for deployment in AWS.
- Embrace our culture and its core values to contribute positively to our teams and the firm
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python, SQL, database administration, and cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with the libraries and technologies used by our team is beneficial but not required, as a willingness to learn and adapt is highly valued.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- A flexible hybrid work model. We value collaboration and provide ample opportunities to foster a sense of community within your team and the company, while still understanding the need for flexibility.
- Generous comprehensive insurance plans.
- Flexible time off.
- Education assistance and tuition reimbursement program.
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities.
- Six-week sabbatical after 7 years of continuous employment.
- Company sponsored daily in-office meals.
- Gym membership stipend.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $165,000 + eligible for a discretionary bonus. Base pay will be determined on an individual basis considering such factors as location, qualifications, skills, and experience. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT RESEARCH AFFILIATES
We believe that a positive corporate culture is vital to our success. We place great value on collaboration, curiosity, responsibility, and authenticity. In our hiring process, we seek individuals who embrace these values. The result is a friendly, respectful, and collegial workplace where diversity is embraced, strong opinions are loosely held, and disagreements do not become personal. Our culture is well described in this article: https://www.researchaffiliates.com/publications/articles/705-the-winning-formula-mission-culture-team.