The primary responsibilities of a Senior Researcher include applying quantitative research techniques to better understand the drivers of risk and expected return within and across asset classes; analyzing and developing new signals and crafting them into quantitative investment strategies; and communicating this research clearly through writing and/or public speaking. Proficient programming and data management skills are essential. You should expect to independently define and carry a research project, collaborate with others on long-term research projects, and possess strong teamwork skills with the ability and desire to actively discuss both theories and empirical methods with the broad research team.
Those who match Research Affiliates’ cultural values will possess curiosity and a willingness to continually learn, be authentic in their interactions with others, take responsibility for their actions, and be strong collaborators both within and outside the firm.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Propose new signals and portfolio construction methodologies as well as other enhancements as potential alpha sources for the firm’s strategies.
- Work on product-design-related projects to evolve the firm’s quantitative strategies under the guidance of the Multi-Asset and Equity Strategies teams.
- Develop code to improve the firm’s strategy production and simulation engines.
- Publish articles in industry journals and present research at internal seminars and external conferences.
- Assist in portfolio implementation and other operations.
- Assist in due diligence meetings and provide technical support to our sales and distribution team.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. level of training in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or an equivalent field.
- 2-5 years of experience in quantitative asset management or academics.
- Familiarity with cross-sectional equity and/or multi-asset data series and databases.
- Proficiency in architecting and writing well-structured Python code.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Team player able to effectively lead in a collaborative environment.