The Product Management group at Research Affiliates is responsible for the oversight of the firm’s investment strategies which includes product development, business development, messaging, and analytical support. The investment analyst position provides analytics support to Product Management and the firm’s client-facing team and includes fulfilling day-to-day analytics and attribution requests from clients, creation/maintenance of standard reports on Research Affiliates’ investment strategies, and creation of presentation material. In this role, you will work closely with the client-facing, research, marketing, and compliance teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create charts and graphs for use in client service and prospect presentations.
- Update presentation material, factsheets, and other standard reports for the firm’s investment strategies.
- Conduct analysis on RAFI performance and peer comparisons.
- Generate performance attributions and other ad hoc analytics using FactSet.
- Provide analytics support to product managers.
- Maintain and update proprietary AUM management system.
Education and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Degree in Business/Economics, or Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills necessary.
- Knowledge of finance/investment concepts required.
- 0-3 years of investment industry experience.
- Interest in pursuing the CFA designation a plus.
- Commitment to a mission-driven, culture-driven firm.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic with a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Must have outstanding initiative and be a self-starter.