The VP, Finance, reporting to the CFO, is a hands-on position responsible for managing finance, accounting, and tax-related activities of the firm. The position provides opportunity for management, leadership, and ownership.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce company financial statements.
- Design, assess, and document internal control systems and practices.
- Manage annual audits.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and tax laws, regulations, and rules.
- Coordinate tax filings in the US and various state and non-US locations.
- Analyze performance metrics and make financial forecasts.
- Develop management reporting packages for board and partner meetings.
- Coordinate firm valuation, produced by an independent valuation firm.
- Corporate finance projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
- Experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- CPA required.
- Experience with the accounting software Sage Intacct a plus.
- Experience, knowledge, and interest in the asset management industry.
- CFA preferred.
- Responsibility – self-motivated problem solver.
- Authenticity – reveal intentions, speak candidly, and keep agreements.
- Curiosity – emphasize learning, seek feedback, welcome alternative views.
- Collaboration – create shared success by partnering with colleagues and clients.