Research Affiliates is looking for a highly talented individual with 5-7 years of experience in asset management as a client service associate or similar looking to contribute to institutional sales.
The role will initially be to support the Head of European Distribution in achieving the strategic ambitions for the London office. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to the wide-ranging UK and European investor market with the intention to train on the job to become a junior sales member in 12 to 18 months.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, proactive in their approach, and who enjoys a challenge.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the strategic direction of EMEA’s strategic goals and outreach efforts.
- Gathering market intelligence and helping to prioritize outreach.
- Initial outreach for sales meetings, preparing, and attending sales meetings.
- Taking comprehensive notes, recording these in the CRM, and providing follow-ups.
- Supporting key investment consultants (client and research teams) and investors by providing them with analytics and information on request.
- Support RA’s key distribution channels in developing new business opportunities among the largest asset owners in the region.
- Establish relationships with key decision-makers including investment staff, committee members, research, and field consultants.
- Help organize roadshows for senior staff when visiting the region in support of business development priorities.
- Effectively communicate RA’s mission, strategies, insights, and the firm’s value proposition directly in meetings and presenting at events.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- 5–7 years of experience in institutional asset management.
- CFA, MBA, and/or Master of Finance strongly preferred.
- Active relationships with Institutional Investors and Investment Consultants preferred.
- Primary product experience includes long-only Quant Equity, index-based solutions. Secondary product experience on Multi-Asset products (DGFs, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including presentation, written, and oral communications,
- Strong analytical skills and ability to simplify for customer presentations,
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective interaction with support structures in the region and in the United States; a self-starter.