The Product Management group at Research Affiliates is responsible for the oversight of the firm’s investment strategies which includes; product development, business development, messaging and analytical support. The investment analyst position provides analytics support to Product Management and the firm’s client facing team and includes; fulfilling day-to-day analytics and attribution requests from clients, creation/maintenance of standard reports on Research Affiliates’ investment strategies, and creation of presentation material. In this role, you will work closely with both the client facing, research, marketing and compliance teams.
Research Affiliates, LLC, is a global leader in smart beta and asset allocation. Dedicated to creating value for investors, we seek to have a profound impact on the global investment community through our insights and products. Our investment strategies are built on a strong research base. We deliver solutions in partnership with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, through their offerings of mutual funds, ETFs, separately managed accounts, and/or commingled accounts. Research Affiliates was founded in 2002 and is based in Newport Beach, California. As of June 30, 2022, $147 billion in assets are managed worldwide using investment strategies developed by Research Affiliates.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create charts and graphs for use in client service and prospect presentations.
- Update presentation material and standard perfofrmance and characteristic reports for Research Affiliates' investment strategies.
- Conduct analysis on RAFI performance and peer comparisons.
- Generate performance attributions and other ad hoc analytics using FactSet.
- Create written commentary on investment strategy performance.
- Provide analytics support to product managers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Degree in Business/Economics, or Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills necessary.
- Knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts required.
- Python experience a plus.
- 3-5 years of investment industry experience.
- Interest in pursuing the CFA designation a plus.
- Experience with Factset, Morningstart, and Bloomberg a plus.