The Executive Administrative Assistant has primary responsibility for providing high-level administrative support to the Research Affiliates’ management team with a focus on maintaining calendars, agendas, and travel. S/he will work closely with the personal assistant to the Chair and the executive assistant to the CEO/senior executives. S/he collaborates with all senior staff to coordinate management team activities, in particular, coordinating schedules with Research Affiliates’ Chair and CEO. The successful assistant will demonstrate a high level of organizational and interpersonal experience, as well as thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, be highly proactive, extremely organized, and diplomatic yet assertive in dealing with others.
Those who match Research Affiliates’ cultural values will possess curiosity and a willingness to continually learn, be authentic in their interactions with others, take responsibility for their actions, and be strong collaborators both within and outside the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling and calendar management.
- Solicit and review meeting requests, prioritize appointments, and coordinate scheduling with internal and external parties.
- Identify and reserve meeting space and arrange off-site meeting locations.
- Regularly review scheduled meetings, re-evaluate priorities, and modify previous scheduled appointments.
- Update multiple calendars on multiple systems.
- Consistently monitor email and other communications to ensure that all scheduling is coordinated, logistics confirmed, and appropriate parties informed.
- Ensure that schedules are followed and respected.
- Provide calendar reporting.
- Travel planning and expense reporting.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, travel documents, and itineraries.
- Research and present airline, hotel, and other travel options.
- Provide back up for other Assistants.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years of experience supporting and/or serving as an assistant to executive level staff.
- Exemplary scheduling and organizational skills, including the ability to proactively maintain multiple projects simultaneously within competing time and other criteria.
- Experience within a related field and/or experience supporting a Distribution team.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing, including demonstrated proficiency in grammar, editing and proofreading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships with senior professionals and executives.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Assertive, creative & collaborative to anticipate and resolve challenges and business needs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and calendars
- Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
- Must work with a positive, flexible attitude, and be able to support multiple managers with sometimes conflicting needs
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- A flexible hybrid work model. We value collaboration and provide ample opportunities to foster a sense of community within your team and the company, while still appreciating the need for flexibility.
- Generous comprehensive insurance plans.
- Flexible time off.
- Education assistance and tuition reimbursement program.
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities.
- Six-week sabbatical after 7 years of continuous employment.
- Company sponsored daily in-office meals.
- Gym membership stipend. This position is based in our Newport Beach, California office.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000 + eligible for a discretionary bonus. Base pay will be assessed on an individual basis considering such factors as location, qualifications, skills, and experience. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT RESEARCH AFFILIATES
We believe that a positive corporate culture is vital to our success. We place great value on collaboration, curiosity, responsibility, and authenticity. In our hiring process, we seek individuals who embrace these values. The result is a friendly, respectful, and collegial workplace where diversity is embraced, strong opinions are loosely held, and disagreements do not become personal. Our culture is well described in this article: https://www.researchaffiliates.com/publications/articles/705-the-winning-formula-mission-culture-team.